Sunday, September 8, 2013

Can, Cannot and Everything in Between

Tonight, after rereading conversations and messages, I re-realized, for I have forgotten horribly, that we are always more than we are at any single point in our lives. We are more than our lousiest mistake or our most brilliant achievement. Our anger is not who we are; neither is our hurt, our grief or our pride. To be reminded of these, I have to pay dearly, but if only to acquire this wisdom, which cannot be hurried, I will be grateful. 


Tonight I am thinking about the capacity of our human soul. I am thinking not along the categories of Can and Cannot, but of the infinite possibilities that may fall in between—

Our capacity to endure
To wait, to hope, to accept, to let go
To destroy, to hoard, to deceive
To regret, to grieve, to hurt
To forgive
To stop
To try again, to remember, to forget, to imagine, to create
To give, to fight, to dream, to celebrate
To love
            To be happy, to be whole, to Become
            To Be.

1 comment: